CHRISTIAN OR CIVIL WEDDING
Live your dream wedding in Crete…
Let that be ……..
On a unique scenery on a white sanded beach highlighted by a beautiful sunset.
Or an adventurous ceremony in the historic fortress of Rethymno city with view the blue sea .
Or in a historic chapel of Saint Lazaros in the Old Town of Rethymno
Or a simple ceremony in the Town Hall of Rethymno / Chania /Irakleio
Have you made up your mind? Let's start....
Obtaining the right documentation for your wedding is one of the most important steps in your wedding planning process. Here you will find information regarding the necessary certificates for getting married in Greece. You should start collecting your paperwork about 3-6 months prior to your wedding.
Once your documentation is ready, you will send it to us for review. We have to review all documents at least 6 weeks before your wedding in Crete. We offer a translation service, so you can send your paperwork by fax or email if you find it difficult to translate at home.
After that, you just need to bring the originals with you. Bear in mind that all documents must stay in the Town Hall here on the island or elsewhere in Greece.
- COPIES OF PASSPORT OF BOTH PARTIES and Visa if needed
- FULL BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF BRIDE AND GROOM
- MARRIAGE LICENCE FOR BOTH BRIDE AND GROOM sealed with the Apostille.
- CERTIFICATE OF NON-IMPEDIMENT TO MARRY FOR BOTH BRIDE AND GROOM
- DIVORCE CERTIFICATE
- DEATH CERTIFICATE in case of widowhood of either party please provide a certified copy of the certificate sealed with apostille
- OFFICIAL DOCUMENT ABOUT CHANGING YOUR NAME if any
- ADOPTION CERTIFICATES if any
Both parties are obliged to provide an original full birth certificate.
This document is issued by your local Registar office and it' s important to mention that you are going to be married in Rethymno, Crete-Greece with ....... Your future husband/wife.
In case your country don't issue marriage licence:
This document confirms that you have not been married and that you are free to get married. The document can be issued in your local Registrar's office and it must not be issued more than 3 months before your wedding.
Additionally in special cases:
If either party has been divorced, please provide a certified copy of the certificate sealed with apostille
- All documents can be translated by our legal service. In this case please note that all documents must be sent by post at least 4 weeks before your wedding. We have to confirm that your paperwork is in order !
Otherwise you can translate all the necessary documents at the Greek Embassy/Consulate of your country and send it to us by mail/fax for confirmation. In this case you must bring the original upon your arrival.
- You have to stay in Crete at least 1 day after your wedding, in order to go to the Town Hall to sign your Marriage Certificate. It will then be sent to you by post translated and stamped by our legal service.
If your country is not listed below, please contact us for the necessary documentation.